Monday, August 31, 2009

A very wet place.

After I was in the north of Chile, I flew for about 5 hours to Puerto Montt which is nearly to the bottom of the country. It is very green and very wet. It didn´t stop raining for about 7 days. There a many volcanos here but because the clouds were so low I did not ever see the top of the mountains.
But one day when I was having lunch at the wharf by the fish market, playing in the sea underneath, were about 12 huge sea wolves which, I think, are sea lions or eared seals. They were gobbling up all the guts from the fish that the fishermen were throwing over the side of the boat, and after they had fed they just stayed playing for about an hour.
I went to the island of Chiloe which is a big island just off the coast of Chile. It took 31/2 hours by bus and ferry. I stayed there and went to school for two weeks at the primary and the secondary school. It was very interesting.
The children do not have a big, big playground like we do and have to play inside all the time and with 800 students there, it is very noisy.
They also eat a very big breakfast and a very big lunch at school which the government pays for.
For breakfast they have a ham and cheese roll, very big, and milo. For lunch they are given a salad, meat, vegetables and rice or potatoes and a dessert.
Kerri Kiwi really liked it there because the ground is really wet and there were lots of bugs to eat.
Sam I am really glad that you are reading the posts with your mum and sending me some messages. Sometimes it takes a wee while to answer as I dont always have a computer.

4 comments:

Checkers said...

It's Billy here!! :-)

Hello Mrs Cameron, and all of my old room 3 classmates. How is school going in Leeston?

I am loving my new school at Halfmoon Bay, on Stewart Island. We have a large playing field where we are allowed to ride our bikes during the breaks. We also play a lot of 'kick-around' games.

We have a fun maths program, that I'm really enjoying. It's called: www.mathletics.co.nz
You should all have a go, it's cool. :-)

I've just started reading chapter books. I've found a series called 'The Magic Tree house'. They are so cool, I've been reading one WHOLE book a day.

In the last week before the holidays, I was in a school play, which we did one night for everyone on Stewart Island to see. They all enjoyed our play.

Today my younger brother Jamie started school. He is in my class. We now have 19 kids in our WHOLE school. That's less than all of you in room 3!!!

There is lots of bush and birds down here. I've been fishing and hunting with my Dad. I love going on missions.


Ok, mum says it's time for bed.. :-( I'd better go now. Chat to you all again soon. Bye-bye, Billy.

Jack Dawson's mum said...

Hi Mrs Cameron, How are you doing? Hear you are coming back soon, am looking forward to that. We have been having a great time with Mrs McClure. From Sam D.

Jack Dawson's mum said...

Hi Mrs Cameron, How are you doing? I hear that you will be back soon, I can't wait. We have been having alot of fun with Mrs McClure. From Sam D.

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to having you back next week. There were not enough stones in the playground and now we have more.
from Hamish.